The Babyshop Group is a global premium and luxury retailer of children's clothing and products for the modern family. The unique retail concept was developed in 2006 when the Swedish entrepreneurial couple Linn and Marcus Tagesson set up the business. Today, the Babyshop Group is a leading player with a global footprint and +62 million website visitors annually and 1 million retail customers per year with customers across 170 countries.
The Group presides over an exclusive portfolio that consists of the e-commerce websites Babyshop.com, Alexandalexa.com, Lekmer.se, and Melijoe.com along with 10 physical stores in Norway and Sweden. We are a leading global omnichannel retailer with a total turnover of 120 million Euro.
Under this umbrella, the Group offers more than 500 prestige brands along with a number of proprietary brands like Kuling, STOY, and A Happy Brand.
In the role as Head of CRM, you’ll be working within Babyshop Group’s Growth Team and reporting directly to the Head of Growth.
Global Customer Communications Strategy & Planning
- Own the CRM communication strategy across multiple markets, that drives and delivers exceptional trading, growth, and improved retention & lifetime value of our customers.
- Lead & develop our global communications strategy to our amazing customers to support customer retention - multi step, multi-channel programmes that build customer engagement, lifetime value, share of wallet and support our business KPIs.
- Develop a clear segmentation strategy, identifying the key drivers of profitability, loyalty, and churn.
- Embed “Test, Learn & Optimise” into all activity - ensuring we are always building on our knowledge and driving performance with all campaigns.
- Take the lead on the procurement of a loyalty program from ideation to implementation
- Be responsible and contribute to improvements in repeat purchase and LTV across global markets.
- Take our CRM strategy beyond email marketing and expand into new channels like SMS, CRM ads, and web push notifications
- Discover & investigate new technology and new tools that can elevate the innovation in our comms and champion channel diversification.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of our current technology & customer data flows, to be able to discover opportunities to optimise flows, to troubleshoot and solve difficult, sometimes technical problems, as well as to find efficiencies where possible. Work with our ESP / CDP and technical teams to achieve this.
- Source & integrate the data needed to create highly personalised communications and on boarding the other teams required to bring these to life.
- Manage and become the expert in our ESP/CDP tool, Emarsys. Ensure the technology is being used to its full capacity and that we are continuously innovating our CRM strategies.
Analysis & Insight
- Regularly report on all global CRM marketing activity and share with the wider business. Review these results to create initiatives, optimise and continually improve returning performance.
- Champion our returning customers within the business & report against returning customer targets put in place.
- Work collaboratively with our Data Analyst on insights for our returning customers, lifetime value & frequency reports and campaign results.
- Managing a team of five CRM Specialists, in the delivery of our CRM & loyalty strategy and execution. Drive, inspire and motivate your team by providing clear developmental goals, positivity, and an unrivalled depth of knowledge.
- 5+ years’ experience in similar CRM roles and have in-depth knowledge of CRM customer planning with a large customer base preferably in retail
- A passion for making marketing communications as relevant to customers as possible, personalising content thoughtfully by utilising customer data
- Experience managing a team & working across global markets
- Strong team leadership skills
- Confident challenging the status quo and backing up questions with data
- Advanced experience using email service providers, CDPs & database management platforms - Emarsys experience is a plus
- Experience with budget management
- Advanced excel & data analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills